February 17, 2008

Mike's Smoke House


When I step out on the back porch I can see across the fence into my neighbors yard. He has a small smoke house in his back yard for smoking salmon, as do a lot of the folks that live up here. Along with that, he has a large shed with windows on the back side. Not sure what it was originally built for, but some how I like the way you can see out beyond it. He has a low, but large old apple tree (I didn't get the grass dark enough in the back ground to make it stands out), it's silvery bark and gnarled branches, along with it's supporting "cane" please me. The tall green reeds add to the feeling of mystery also.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Yes, you did capture that mysterious feeling very well! Interesting story also.

7:13 PM  
Blogger laura said...

Great colors; I love the pinks and the acidy greens. Enjoying your blog!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hi Tami,
I noticed on your profile that you are from Klamath. I Went to Humboldt State and I'm real familiar with Klamath. Your photography is beautiful.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home