January 16, 2008

IF....



If...it were spring in the California foothills; the Lupin and Poppies would be in bloom.


And


If...I were 20; I'd have long red hair.


And


If...I had a convertible; it would be red.


And


If...I had the top down; this would be how my dogs would ride.


So...


The only reality in this whole drawing is my dogs...


I woke up with this picture in my mind. Wasn't sure if I could draw it well enough for others to be able to tell what it was; but I think it came out fine. Hard to get the tones right in PS with the golds and greens...The Lupin really are purple, not mud blah...

4 Comments:

Blogger About said...

If...I were 20 and had long red hair and a shiny red convertible, and was cruising down the hiway in California...I certainly hope I wouldn't be sharing the front seat with a dog. Not that I have anything against dogs...
This is great! It gave me a much needed smile in the middle of a particularly crappy week. Thanks!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Oh Tami, what a fun fun post!! And lovely painting also.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thanks Teri, I had fun drawing and painting it.

Tracy, Don't know what to tell ya', my mutts are with me everywhere...Yeah, maybe when I was 20 there would have been some hunk in the car with me...That would be a whole other type painting! Glad you got a smile out of it, that's what's important.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Brenda Yarborough said...

I'm grinning! That was quite a dream you had - LOL! Won't be long before our rolling hills have those wildflowers blooming on them. You did a great job on the highway perspective. . . really makes this "dream" look like you are moving!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home