January 14, 2008

Hay Hook

I miss my Scanner! If I take pictures of my paintings during the day, when the light is bright, so I don't have to use the flash, I don't get the blue background. I guess the solution is either paint eariler in the day or wait till morning to shoot. I wanted to get this posted tonight because I am trying to get back to painting every day; so you get blue. Looks like my shadow is a little off too. I was working from an imagined light direction since the lamps were casting odd shadows.

When I was growing up, my grandfather had these hooks hanging around all over the barn, we used them to move the bales of hay. Deadly looking things none the less. Found this one laying around my moms house.

6 Comments:

Blogger About said...

Yikes! Looks like something out of a scary movie! Very cool...I love subjects like this...simple, interesting lines, lovely color.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

WOEEE!! TAmi! FABULOUS colors in this, depth and shadow!!! OUTSTANDING!!

4:53 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

OMG Tami! what a fabulous drawing! The colors, the shadow, everything is just great!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thanks Guys. Was looking for something to try out that had some rust in it.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really looks lethal! Nice job on the item and shadow, especially

6:33 PM  
Blogger Brenda Yarborough said...

Honestly, I thought at first it was a photo. GREAT job!!!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home