December 06, 2007

Trees at Sunset


This was intended to be a quick 15 - 20 minute painting. After all, it's only on 5.5 X 8.5 paper, but when you over work something, it's never quick. Part of the problem was waiting till after dark to paint. My shadow gets in the way, in the chair I'm painting in and heaven forbid that I sit at a table like a normal person. The end result is OK, not exactly as crisp as what I was aiming for, but I painted and the was the important detail. Maybe tomorrow I will get an eariler start.

5 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

The sky is reflected in the water so nicely! Well done.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

I love that sky and the reflection. Really nice job. It is so good to see you painting again!!

10:37 AM  
Blogger caseytoussaint said...

It's difficult to knock off a watercolor in a short time because you have to wait for it to dry - but you did a lovely job on this. the sky is beautiful.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful watercolors!
Sandra Evertson

3:25 PM  
Blogger Donn said...

Wow, what a lovely painting. Love the sky. You did an outstanding job with watercolor in such a short time. In fact, really like all your watercolors.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home