November 30, 2007

The dogs beach


After thinking about what Lin was saying on her blog about sketching vs. painting, I realized that I missed doing pen and ink with watercolor washes. So I set off this morning to do just that. I love the step away from the finished product looking photo realistic, don't get me wrong, my jaw drops as quick as the next persons when I see art work that is so real looking it comes off the page. However, I really like impressionistic art.
This beach is where I take my dogs to run. It's about 5 miles from my home so we come here at least 3 times a week. I'm sitting in a parking lot at the far end of the beach looking toward where we usually stop and hike. There are lots of tide pools and drift wood and usually drifts of mist and fog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Tami! I LOVE your beach! And can't agree with you more -- I too go 'ga-ga' over thoe photorealistic paintings and drool over the beauty of them -- and too -- I just get EXCITED about the spontaneity of ink and wash -- I LOVE this one of yours and thank you too for participating in my ponderings! Good job, cara!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Call it beautiful Tami! As long as you are happy doing it, thats what counts. but it is beautiful.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home