August 09, 2007

Morning Vineyards


I went out to paint this morning and tried to draw a house that I like...failed miserably. I think the problem was I was trying to work too small. Next time I think I will try drawing the house on one sheet of my sketch pad and the land around it or what ever other things of interest that I'm trying to capture on another. Then combining the two on larger paper when I get home.
After the failed attempt at the house I decide I would try a landscape using suggestive washes first and then adding minimal details with pen. I liked the way the sunlight was kissing the tops of the hills above the vineyards and tried to capture that in the washes. Although it isn't exactly what I was after, it was pretty close. I think I will try exploring this technique some more...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Lovel, Tami! Really love the trees too!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I love the richness and depth in the hills. Really nice work. I think your idea of putting two sketchbook pages together into a painting is a great one. I get frustrated with too small sketchbook paper too.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home