May 15, 2007

Manzanita Path


Our winds the last few days have been incredible, common for our area, but incredible from a painters point of view just the same.
I got up at sunrise, anticipating a beautiful, CALM, clear sunrise with lots of painting opportunities, and Lo and Behold, WIND AGAIN! Skipped the sunrise idea but still felt the need to put brush to paper, so went out to Rockville, our regional park. I found a fairly calm spot with the Manzanita trees that I wanted and proceeded to pull out my paints. It was along about that time that I realized, once again, that I had forgotten my glasses in the car... So any errors in this painting I am going to blame on lack of ability to see. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Although, I must admit, more details were added after I returned home and had my glasses on...

2 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Interesting trees Tami. I have never seen this kind before. Wonderful job of painting them.

Gosh if I forgot my glasses there would just be blobs of paint so you did great.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Wow, these are great! I think I can even see the wind in the picture too. Someone once suggested to me to take my glasses off for painting outdoors so that I don't get distracted by too many details.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home