May 13, 2007

Marsh Turtle

We have LIFE!!! This is a major accomplishment for me; something living. Field glasses are an amazing invention! I am constantly reading about artists using them but never think to bring them along myself. The last few days have been so windy here, I have been restricted to the car for painting. When I saw this turtle sunning him/herself on a drainage pipe the only way to get a good clear look was through the field glasses. Lo and behold, he didn't dive back into the water either so I was able to study him long enough to get him on to paper. I always get the feeling of sneaking away with something very special when I spend the time to work out an angle for a photo that I really like or when I slow down and become fully involved enough to paint a subject. This was one of those paintings.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you that are Mothers!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, you haven't lost a thing. The life is a wonder addition to your work, and a turtle can be a metaphore for life,sometimes we all need to come out of are shells and enjoy the sun and day for what they are. Great stuff I hope you keep it up.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

Tami! You're back! Hooray. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother. And I'm cheered that you've been able to get back to your art- as I knew you would. The turtle is terrific - apparently your skills didn't go too dormant.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Tami, I think your 'art break' has been very good for you. This is just an awesome painting!!! Love it.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As they say in Washington..."wow, far out" The details and vibrancy of your color palette is awesome. I see a bull moose or carabu in your painting future or a least a chipmonk ;>) Very Good Work!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

Tami -- I see you've not lost your painting talent! GLORIOUS work, Tami ... the water looks wet and the turtle is beautifully done!!! Happy Mother's day to you too! Keep sketchin'!!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

You've got the turtle's posture just right - he/she looks so comfortable balanced.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

What a perfect turtle! So glad you were able to spot him and that he cooperated enough to give you time for this!

7:14 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Your turtle is so cute!! Love it.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home