May 24, 2007

Rockville Park Fieldtrip




I went back out to Rockville Park yesterday and discovered I was sharing the park with a group of 8-9 year olds on a field trip. The painting without the crowd in the back ground is what I painted while I was up there but I wanted to capture more of the things I was seeing and hearing. This morning I scanned the image and added the group in the background and the captions around the edges. I was tempted to just sit there and watch but decided to push myself once again and try painting some of the kids.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

NICELY DONE, Tami!!! BRAVA for putting in the children -- I find adding people to my sketches a real challenge!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Congratulations Tami. These are just beautiful. When I saw the top one I immediately wanted to be there. They're so evocative and lovely. They'd make wonderful illustrations in a childrens book about a playful summer in a wonderful place.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you've had a good time in the park. Great painting. And you're so brave to put in all the figures. I'm a chicken when it comes to that ...

11:47 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Great job indeed! The figures of human form are wonderful....It really looks like taking that time off really served you well...

8:12 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh, this is great! Adding the figures just makes the drawing!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home