December 01, 2007

Quickie of Crescent City Lighthouse


This was a quick sketch of the Crescent City Lighthouse, from yesterdays outing. If I'd have been thinking about "darks against the lights to pop the center of interest" when I stated painting this, I would have done the sky with much darker, more dramatic colors. Oh well, it's all part of learning and at least I painted a building!
When I get a little better, I want to paint it from the other side, there are a lot more roof angles and a cylinder. Not quite there yet...

2 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Interesting lighthouse. So glad to see you painting again.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

Nice job, Tami! I find it an absolute jumble to try to keep all these important wc points in mind - 'where's the light, remember the white, darks against light, but I think constant practice and constant reminders will one day ( I PRAY!!!!! LOL) make them 2nd nature!

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home