January 12, 2008

Life on the Forest Floor


If you've been wondering where I've been, I've been with family for the past 3 weeks and am finally back home.
I took this picture a while back. I couldn't see the fine trails of spiderwebs until I up loaded the image out of my camera. I loved the thought of that spider carefully stitching together all of these mushrooms.
After 2 hours of painting, I realized that I was doing way too much work for this to be in my sketch book instead of on good watercolor paper. This is a picture that I'll be re-doing in the future as I really like the way it turned out...
Thanks to all of you faithful, who keep checking my blog to see if I posted anything new. A special thanks to those of you that give me the nudges with your e-mails to pick up the brush...Now that the holidays have passed and things are settled back down, I intend to paint and blog consistently again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

What a super job, Tami! Those mushrooms have a big appeal!!!! I so know the feeling of trying to stop 'painting' to keep something a sketch -- harder than it might appear!! I'd love to see this on wc paper!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

What a lovely nature scene Tami. Love those webs. Glad to hear life is settling down again. I know the feeling.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

Beautiful. I half expected to see little fairy children under those mushrooms!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Brenda Yarborough said...

Yep, I'm one that keeps checking in on your blog! It's GOOD to see you back at it!!!! I like this, too! It really is worth the second effort on watercolor paper -- a neat composition.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home