December 13, 2007

Gesture figures 2




These were my gesture paintings for today. These things are so much fun to do. There is something very freeing when you primarily work tight and controlled, to just drop the paint on the paper and see where your imagination takes you. The first one that I did, "Rainy Afternoon", I wasn't overly pleased with. I liked the figures but over did it on the windows. The second one, "March of the Clowns" I loved even before I decided to put Emmett Kelly up in the sky. To me they all looked like they were heading somewhere and the largest figure looked like a clown, hence the name. I did have to look up a picture of Emmett Kelly to try to get a resemblance of him, and found out that his birthday was Dec. 9th. The last one, "Girl Friends", just looked like a bunch of friends laughing and talking, one of the things, at the moment, that I am sorely missing. Can't wait till tomorrow to see who or what shows up to visit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Well gosh, it sure does look like fun! And very different for you.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Donn said...

What nice sketches. Love the tramp clown. I'm partial to clowns because I was a rofessional Auguste clown for over 15 years.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home