December 10, 2007

Dinner Inspiration


It's Crab Season! I knew this because of all the pallets and pallets of pots that I'd seen lining the harbor a couple of weeks ago. Then one day they were all gone, so were most of the working boats in the harbor.
Yesterday I took the dogs for a hike along the spit; the sand bar created where the Klamath River meets the sea. It has the most spectacular waves that I have ever seen, when they break on the shore they are often at least 10 foot high. That's not an exaggeration, there appears to be a ledge just beyond the sand that pushes the water back on it's self creating these tremendous waves. Anyway, while I was out there I saw quite a few crab boats out toward the horizon. Walking back to the car I found this crab claw and decided that the pull for fresh crab was just too strong, so took myself out to a very nice crab dinner accompanied by a spectacular sunset. On the way home, as dusk turned to dark, I saw strings of lights out on the water; the fishing boats headed for home. A fine day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Gosh it sounds like a perfect day!! Great leg too.

5:15 PM  
Blogger caseytoussaint said...

Well done - mm, I could go for a crab leg right about now....

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Done! What did the dogs think of this scary looking thing?

J.W.ChinessPastachioSeed

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! Crab dinner! The excellent drawing and your storymade my stomach growl and my mouth water.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home