December 08, 2007

Battery Point Lighthouse


Today was just pristine clear. I went down to Crescent City, looking for subject matter to paint, when I saw the lighthouse (this is the back side from a few days ago) I knew I wanted to paint it. However, I was scared stiff. I drove away from it twice before I decided to go back and just have a go at it in my sketch book. I am rather pleased with the way it turned out although, I sometime wish someone would just take the brush out of my hand before I can start mucking it up. I love this "accidental" larger sketchbook. I didn't realize how cramped I was in my small one.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Tami, this is gorgeous! I love the way you painted the rocks in the foreground. The colors are wonderful too. I'm so glad you're working bigger. I just realized how cramped I've gotten too, both in size and using such a skinny point pen. In looking back at an old sketchbook I liked what I was doing then better. I want to finish up all my sketchbooks so I can get back to just working in one at a time.

7:41 PM  
Blogger caseytoussaint said...

This is lovely, Tami, and congratulations for getting it done right there on the spot! I love the foreground rocks - they are absolutely masterful, but the whole painting really works.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

Tami -- EXCELLENT, my friend -- truly beautifully done! I love the way the rock in the foreground is sunlit and moves your eye right to the lighthouse! Super job on all the details -- the rocks, water, foliage! You should be proud! BEAUTIFUL, cara -- truly outstanding!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

This is just beautiful Tami. Sometimes we just need to loosen up and say, 'the heck with it, I am just going to try and see what happens'. And this one happened beautifully for you!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...this one to be signed, matted, framed and shown. Very good work!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Lisa Adams Reed said...

Tami,
I really love this!
Lisa

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home