January 13, 2008

Three Shells


Although it was sunny today, there was so much glare from the moisture in the air, it made plein air painting virtually impossible. After telling myself that I wasn't going home with out painting something, I painted these 3 shells (they were painted at home however). I had a little trouble with photo shop getting the background a little blue but the shells themselves are pretty true to what I painted. Had some trouble with the form on the top shell, it is actually shaped like a conch but you can't tell by the way I've painted it. Fiddling just made it worse...

4 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

LOVELY job, Tami! And yes, shells are quite demanding in their form and fine detailing -- I LIKE what you did here!!!!!

3:43 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

I am so glad you are painting everyday again! I know from experience how demanding shells can be and you did just great with them!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

excellent job on the shells, tami.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

looking at shells really makes me long for summer...this is a lovely composition Tami.

I see you have had problems with photographs & lighting...I have a really easy solution that I love for blogging. I rarely have to use a flash in the evening this way:

1)I always use Picasa to import photos from my camera, so that I am all ready to edit right away.

2)To edit the photo, I double-click on it, select the "Tuning" tab, and then select "neutral color picker"...you just click the area on the paper that has that aged-paper look, and voila! back to white again. You can fine-tune it manually too, but that takes away from the quick & easy nature.

3) as a bonus - you can then add the photo right into blogger by clicking the Blog This! icon on the lower right.

Hope this helps!
Christy

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home