January 27, 2008

A Bike Ride


I saw a picture, not THIS picture but one similar and it inspired this picture. The only real similarities are the bike rider (yes, that is a bike rider LOL) and the road. Funny, where our imaginations find a "jump off point" and just go. It's done in my sketchbook and the plan was to just keep it loose. I feel like I did accomplish that part. I started to paint this last night but ended up with so much foreground that I hated it. Does anyone else have this problem; too much foreground to fill and nothing really to fill it with? What do you do?
While I was painting this I realized how much I miss the vineyards and farms from home. I love the trees and the ocean up here but I miss the farms, too. I accidentally got the green a little saturated in PS, it's actually a little more yellow but closer than I've gotten in the past with those colors.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Tami! This is superb!! Loose, luscious, warma colors inviting you along for the ride -- and yes, the cyclist is absolutely evident!!! GRAND GRAND JOB!

I too struggle with foregrounds and wind up adding too much detail ... oh the learning curve .. but cara, I think you handled ALL your grounds her beautifully!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thank you, Lin. I always appreciate your comments.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Brenda Yarborough said...

Very fresh and loose! And you've got very nice pigment mixes. I absolutely cannot paint anything from my imagination, so have no clue about the foreground question - LOL!

10:05 PM  
Blogger About said...

Oh my computer is being nasty!! I keep trying to comment,and it keeps not working. So here we go again.
Love the greens, fresh and springish. And I totally knew that was a guy on a bike! With our snow encrusted, freezing cold landscapes around here, this is a joy to behold!!
Happy painting!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home