March 21, 2008

Nap Time


I wanted to do some plein aire sketching today, so I headed for an area where there are farms scattered along the sea. When I do plein aire sketching, most of the time I do it from inside my car just because I have a place to put my paint and water. Today, I pulled off to the side of the road to paint these cows; during the time that I was parked, 3 people stopped to ask if I was ok. I finally figured out that part of the reason they were stopping was because my lights were on. If I open the door, the buzzer sounds but not if I am just parked. I guess between the angle that I was holding my head and the lights folks thought I might be in trouble. Kind of them none the less.
These cows made me laugh because I'd start to sketch one and look back up at it and it would be laying flat. After I was all done then some of them decided to stand up and eat.
The grass is a more of a spring green , this whole scan ended up with too much pink as I was trying to get the green right. Sigh..one of these days I'll get Photo Shop to always work the way I want it too...until then, I'll do the best I can.

4 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

So lovely and pastoral Tami. And isn't it great that there are still good Samaritins in the world!

9:19 AM  
Blogger caseytoussaint said...

I have the same issues with my scanner - and it seems the better the original painting, the worse the scan! What a great idea for a sketch!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

so SWEET, Tami --- gentle image and sweet animals!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your farm scene Tami...great colour on the cattle!
Ronell

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home