September 06, 2006

Dog Treats

Tonight I just wanted to draw something simple; dog treats served me well. I thought at first that I would try the water challenge, but I am too tired. While I was drawing, two very intense sets of eyes were watching my every move. "What was she doing with those snacks, certainly not getting ready to eat them herself?!"

I must say, I love the way this Raffine sketch book handles the water. I also find the vanilla bean color, very pleasing! I did also ordered 2 larger Aquabee pads, to see how they compare.

9 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

I absolutely love it, the colors are amazing. What a difference. While reading your blerb I couldn't help but laugh..I can just Imagine the poor pups, with thier heads cocked to one side.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

I LOVE these paints!!!
Dogs got to eat them when I was done...

9:33 PM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

This is really beautiful! Great colors, great loose washes, great drawing! I could see this being marketed as a greeting card in upscale pet stores (or any stores, actually). Really nice work Tami!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, simple and very funny too!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Beautiful loose colors is right!! I love your funny little stories to go with the sketches!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

LOVELY, Tami!!! Good shading on these! Poor puppies waiting on mommy to FINALLY get done with THEIR snacks!! Cute story, Tami!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thanks, All! I have the hardest time keeping in mind that simple things can be just as interesting/fun as fullscale complicated paintings and drawings.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

I know what you mean about struggling with the simplicity, Tami. I also forget that not every sketch has to be a complicated, hourlong effort. Really nice page.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Tami,
I really enjoy the simplicity of some of your drawings.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home