September 02, 2006

This is a painting from a picture I took yesterday when Donna http://dayssketchbook.blogspot.com/ and I took my dogs for a hike out at Benicia State Park.


I worked this a little differently than I usually do. I laid down the paint first, let that dry and then came back in with my pen this morning and added the simple lines; I love the looser look. All was well until I tried adding the two small rocks on top to try and cover some variations in the first wash, the save was okay, but I liked it better without them.

I have gotten away from posting something everyday, although I am drawing or doing something with paint and paper everyday. I have done a lot of paint swatches the last few days to see what kind or tones and depth I can get with my new paints. I thought I would save you from the boredom of viewing those, besides, it is really hard to get a true feel for the depth and tone of mixtures in scans, I think. At any rate, I am going to get back into the habit of posting as close to daily as I can again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

This is very interesting and a great learning experience for you. Sometimes I make ink lines first and sometimes last and sometimes not at all. It's just something you experience and trying both ways is a great way to do it.

So glad to hear you have your daily sketching back online!!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Yhaaa Tami, I love the colors I can't wait to get my paints too!!!I really like the two rocks on top I think it Totaly makes the picture heheheh..

3:05 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

LOVELY, just lovely! I ADORE the color and I can see some richness there!! I'm glad to see you sketching daily!! LOVE what you do!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home