August 23, 2006


I was very excited when I came home from work yesterday and saw this box sitting on the counter. The senders address was what I was hoping for, the size of the box was a little large, that was okay, probably extra packing to protect my paints. Then I opened it... no packing slip! This drawing is pretty much to scale on a 6' counter. That is why the tiles are all crooked, I was standing with sketch book in one hand drawing with the other so I could get the scale correct. The one little tiny tube of WN Antwerp Blue almost got thrown away it was so lost in all of that tissue paper. AAARRRUGH! I have been waiting for these paints for a week now and this set back irks me. Yes, I have e-mailed and yes, I have called and they are looking into what was shipped and will let me know, very pleasant Folks at Art Supply.com, I might add. The one paint tube I did receive was the same color as D.S Prussian Blue, which I ordered and already received, it is so hard to really tell color on line and that was a recommended color (chuckle), so I ordered it to make sure I had it. That little tube was the same price as the D.S tube that is 3 times the size! The color is delightful and will definitely get used so no worries there. It is all a learning experience.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

I'm finally back to reviewing blogs -- what a PITA!! LOL Tami -- this is such a waste -- I can imagine your frustration! Maybe it's Art Supply's way of justifying the shipping cost -- which I might add, the folks who charge such outragenous amounts to put a stamp on something really make me furious!! Good job on the sketch, BTW!! LOL

11:18 AM  
Blogger Nic Bridges said...

Love your blog, Tami - I find few things more fascinating than looking at a person's sketchbook. Thanks for visiting quiltz n pieces - I'll be bookmarking your blog to visit again.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that packin for one little tube! Man, it's like the movers who want to pack your paper towels in rolls of styrofoam peanuts.
Your drawing makes the point perfectly!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

The only good thing about this experience is the sketch you made and the frustration you relieved.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I love the drawing--even though it's of an inanimate object there's so much feeling there! Anyone who's ever waited for the UPS or postman to bring their shiny new toys and then finds the order has gone wrong knows that feeling well!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home