August 08, 2006


Here are two drawings Illo Fridays "Captured". While I was trying to figure out how to draw the second one I reaized that the wall had captured a beam of sunlight. My kitchen is not empty like this, I wanted to keep it simple. The second one is of my dog Bridget when she was about 8 months old. She loved snooping around the dishwasher while I was loading it, hoping for some lost scraps. The last time she did it the loop on her collar droped over one of the posts in the rack so when she backed up it started to rattle and follow. That scared her so she pulled quicker and harder which sent dishes flying, the dishwasher "beast" was still attached! She was yelping and jumping and dishes were bouncing around, I know in her doggie mind, the thing, grabbed her and was following her. Needless to say, that ended that bad habit!

11 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Tami -- these are such fun!! I love those dogs in the right hand sketch!! SUPER!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Tami, you have made a major breakthrough on your painting! These are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

I love your dogs story and sketch to go with it. Gosh, I could just imagine it, I'm surprised you didn't hear me falling off the chair with laughter!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger faeorain said...

Excellent drawings! The one with your dog is very cute and funny - probably not funny at the time, but makes for funny moments to look back on. Nice work.

11:11 AM  
Blogger picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Delightful drawings of the dog and its delimma. Poor dog...some have to learn the hard way.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

Hilarious story about Bridget, Tami. What a cutie.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

I love the sunbeam idea!!
oh poor Bridget - too funny at least u know she wont be rushing to do that again!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

funnt, doggy story!

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so funny, my yellow lab, Ski,has done the same thing!
Donna in South Carolina

5:30 PM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

This is hysterical and your drawings are great. I actually laughed out loud! (I know people are always saying LOL--but I really did it).

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moments ago my dog Jasper had his nose in the dishwasher...I absolutely love this one! Wonderful, wonderful! Delightful is what it is.

6:17 PM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

Oh my, your sketches of your dog are wonderful!!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home