August 03, 2006



Water color paper makes such an amazing difference! No, I still haven't made my own sketch book, just using a w.c. pad. I have been trying for three days to draw or paint something that looked decent, too no avail! Somehow, the brush and I could not come to an agreement. Even with this, it has it's over worked areas *huff* but , at least it is posted.

I am going to use this as my souvenir painting. When I was a child living on my Grandparents farm, my brother and I would ride on the front fenders, straddling the lights, of a truck just like this, while my Gramps drove out to do the chores. I have a lot of fond memories of those rides.

6 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Tami, you did a great job on this car!! Watercolor can be so frustrating when it doesn't go right and so satisfying when it does! And this was no easy subject!

The perspective is good, the tires are round and I love the view you took.

And best of all are the memories.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

The tones in the original painting are much better, can't seem to get the scanner to pick them up right...

2:01 PM  
Blogger picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

What fun you must have had riding on that truck! Nice watercolor rendition of your memory. Thank you for sharing.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

Tami -- this is FABULOUS and doesn't look a bit overworked!! Perspective is really good, so are highlights, bumpers and all -- colors -- it really is terrific!!!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

sounds like a fun childhood memory to have!!
Great painting! i like the light touch.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is just fantastic :) Paintings from experiences we cherish are just the best!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home