July 28, 2006



This is a little section of my back fence that caught my eye yesterday. I started out looking for the Morning Glories that had started to change colors ( in the morning they are intense blue, the color of the tops of the flowers, as the day progresses they turn a deep pink tinged with blue). I saw this cluster of flowers bobbing above my windy suns head. The suns "rays" came bent the opposite direction than our winds blow, so after I got her home, I re-bent her arms to "blow" the same direction as the wind. Below her, I have planted red Fountain Grass, that also moves with the wind. I call the area my "wind garden". Maybe I will have a go at painting the Fountain Grass later on.

5 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Oh Tami, these flowers are beautiful!! I love the thought of a wind garden.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!1 BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL!!! So well done, Tami with the sun beneath! And you describe the changes so well!!! LOVE THIS -- great blue color against the fence shading!! My favorite flower!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

What a beautiful little snippet of your garden. I love the idea of a wind garden and may borrow some of your landscaping ideas for my windy yard. These are really nicely done.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Veedubya said...

Charming!

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful morning glories, Tami! Perfect juxtaposition of rich blue with the reddish vein in the petals.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home