August 06, 2006


I have finally graduated! For the last 4 months I have done all my water colors in my sketch book , part of the reason for that was because I didn't feel like I knew enough about water color and blending it to waste W.C paper. Well, I have figured out that I do know enough and that the paper makes all the difference in the world!!!
No "playing" for me tonight, this time I wanted to paint from real life and make this peach as close to real looking as I could. I like the way it came out!

7 Comments:

Blogger Felicity Grace said...

You've done a lovely job on this! The colours are glowing. Hope you will share you tips on watercolours and paper ;) - I'm absolutely hopeless at them!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow- this is just too cool! The colors are just singing! Isn't the difference paper can make just amazing?

1:51 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

YES YOU DO!! AND THE PAPER DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!Tami this is glorious!! Wonderful blending of colors and highlights -- fRAME IT!!!!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

TAMI!! This is awesome!! The best you done yet!!! So happy you felt confident because it sure shows!! Wonderful!!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

You got it! This is beautiful and it looks like using good paper is helping instead of hindering you. I look forward to seeing more!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments. Felicity, I will help in any way that I can, but I think a lot of it is just not being afraid to layer on color andtrying things out.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

oh yum - you've caught the glow of a frash ripe peach so beautifully - yes I've discovered all the ingredients make a difference = brushes, paint and paper

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home