August 10, 2006



I took my painting and sketching supplies along with the dogs, out by the marsh yesterday morning, with the intent of doing a plein air painting. I kept finding interesting little things along the way that I did small sketches of planning on painting the "real picture" when I arrived at what ever spot struck my fancy. I came upon a spot over looking the slough, pulled out paints and pad at about the same time the dogs were coming back up from their swim. By the time they were done shaking off all over my paper, I remembered why I didn't want to take them and my paint supplies in the same trip! I packed up and came back home with the only thing to show for the day, my small sketches, which I worked into a page this morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

OOOHH TAMI!! WAY TO GO!! GREAT VIEW OF THE MARSH GRASSES AND THAT MORNING GLORY!!! LOVE IT!!! SUPER JOB! I LOVE THE COMPOSITION!!!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Beautious Tami! Your day sounds absolutely perfect in every way, right down to the dogs help. You have a wonderful way of expressing your thoughts.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

The found things along with the little view works really well to make a page. Well done

10:02 PM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

These are wonderful. The grass painting is so pretty. Were you at Pt. Isabelle by any chance? That's very near my house. I've tried painting along the Bay Trail that goes by it, but it's usually too windy to stay still for long. I think it worked really nicely to just put all the found items and scenes together in one painting.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thank you guys for your kind comments. Jana, I was out in The marsh by Suisun, it is the town closest to Fairfield, but there are so many marshy areas by the Delta that I am not suprised that they look the same.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this . . .it felt like we were there with you and oh my, those doggies shook water all over us!
Your paintings are very nice.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home