August 15, 2006


Trying my hand at painting a sunset, not too disappointed for a first try. This can also qualify for "something that I love", challenge as I do love this time of day, just as the day quiets, I also love the crack of dawn. I love the colors that show in the sky when it is too dark to see much on the ground. I can see some lines where the colors aren't quite blended but not bad. The original isn't quite this blue but I wanted to keep the yellow in the sunset, as it is in the original and I didn't like the grey that the scan pulled, so I went with the least of evils and took the extra blue. I must say with Karen W's help, I have sorted out most of the scan problems that I was having. I have some artist quality paints on order (thanks to all of the group for your suggestions), I can't wait until they get here!

11 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Wonderful, Tami - I love the blue of the land and your misty cityscape is great too - what will happen when the new paints arrive?

1:01 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I love your sky, Tami - beautiful colours and transitions.

Jen

1:42 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT colors and what a wonderful feeling it evokes!! BRAVA!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

OH. MY. GOSH. TAMI!!! This is gorgeous and awesome. I just love it. You could frame and hang this one.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Good job Tami! You should be very proud of yourself!!!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Linda T said...

Really nice, Tami!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The progression you are making is awesome, to say the least. I am blown away. I keep visiting your photo blog, but I see your energy is here right now. No wonder! Incredible and exciting.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! The vivid colors really work.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Just lovely! I really like the sharply defined silouhetted grasses against the soft focus glow of the sunset.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Love the definition between the sky and the grasses. Terrific. I laso like your misty city, is it SF? I seem to remember the fog and skylines like that there. Love what you did, and yes the right hand water needs to be fixed, my teacher says that because of my wonky eye I should have a ruler to check my horizons are not going up hill. A thought.

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami, this is so pretty. I love those threshold times of day, too. You've certainly captured that slightly melancholic beauty of dusk.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home