September 03, 2006



This is my Art Space. I would love to show you some divine desk, in a room with floor to ceiling windows, over looking the ocean, but...reality is, this is where I create. The box with the rooster on it, is where I keep my paints, inks, pads and extra brushes the rest are in the art bag I posted last month. Note that I did add a 2nd light to the area. My ever growing assortment of books "of the moment" are in that little cabinet my paint palette is sitting on.
The recliner is probably the main reason for the "list" to my drawings. The one thing that is like my fantasy art space is the floor to ceiling (almost) patio door beside my chair. Outside that door is the patio and stretch of garden with the birdbath and lavender that I did drawing of a month or so ago. My husband just hung up a humming bird feeder right outside the window, so shortly, I am sure, there will be drawings of them too.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kunya said...

Seems to be very cosy...

9:30 AM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Nice drawing! I'm a recliner person too so I can relate. I can't imagine painting in a recliner though--don't you end up with paint dripping on you?

10:17 AM  
Blogger Beth Lee said...

Your rendering of the armchair makes it look so comfy!! I like it a lot. But even though your work space *looks* very cozy and comfortable, I'm wondering if you are leaning forward over your table with your knees jammed into the things beneath the table. I'm worried that you may not be doing your posture any good :)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

This looks like a great place to create!

Now, mark this day on the calendar for 2007 and paint your art space again. I bet there will be twice as much 'stuff'. And twice as much fun too :)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

COZY AND WARM, Tami!! Super job on the perspective, too!!!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

My space is very similar, which is one of the reasons I have avoided making a submission. I didn't want to admit that that is where I attempt to be creative. I am up to my knees in all of the things that I have discarded onto the floor.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Creativity is in the mind and in your heart, not where you sit. But it's always nice to have a comfy-cozy spot too, With lights!!!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very cozy and compact space, Tami - looks like the perfect creative retreat.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Michael Emerald said...

Hi. I like the fine line work. You are good at it. i also like the quirky rooster. If I were to play with something, it would be putting the lamp between the bookshelf and the chair, so to unite the composition. BTW, may I suggest titleing each post, so to facilitate what it is we are seeing. Especially since there are many posts.
Michael

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home