June 14, 2006




I was sitting out on the back patio with my Grandmother this morning and thought I would try to paint her. I didn't want to mess around with her eyes too much as I was afraid I would ruin the rest of the painting, so she came out looking a little like a raccoon. None the less, years from now, when she is no longer with me, I will look at this painting and remember a sunny June morning sitting with her. Such is the gift of art.

On a lighter note, I wondered how many of you have these kinds of sketches in your sketch book. It was a very fast drawing of a street with cars, houses and lamp posts shining light into the fog. I was trying to catch and idea before it escaped me. As I thumb through my sketch books, I find these quick ideas, lightly sketched, a reminder of something I want to work up later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

NICELY DONE, Tami!! What a beautiful story to go with your sketches! Yes, memory building!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Tami, this is so special and you will treasure it forever--for the time spent with her and the sketch you made. It's wonderful.

My sketchbooks are also full of small sketches. It's fun to just look at them once in awhile and remember the day and place.

12:42 PM  
Blogger starrgirl's world said...

yes, you will remember this moment with great love. I'm so glad you took the time and effort to capture it.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home