June 12, 2006




This is another drawing that I did using one of my black and white photos as a guide. I adjusted the contrast to try to more accurately reflect the actual drawing but it blew out some of the subtler tones. I thought if I posted the photo you all would be better able to give feed back. I got the "moss" a little dark next to the stick and almost lost that one side. Lohan talks about that in his book saying that sometimes the artist has to create tonal ranges where there are none. All in all I'm pleased and it was great practice

8 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

This is wonderful, Tami - lovely textures - you are improving so fast.
They are my red boots - I can't believe what we were allowed to do in those days - but it was part of growing up - nothing was said but to be a big kid you had to walk on the top level (all of 2 feet wide and a horrible drop onto rocks on the left.I drew it from memory but afterwards, looking at recent photos of St Andrews pier on the internet, I think they have removed that top level which I vaguely remember noticing last time I was there - liability problems, I'd say - though it would ruin the old piers if they fenced them all round.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Wonderful job Tami. Your practice is paying off.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

this is great - love the darkness of it.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thanks you guys, it is though trying to learn a new style of art.
I appreciate all of you dropping by and leaving such encouraging comments.

8:17 PM  
Blogger starrgirl's world said...

your practice work is wonderful. keep up the good work!!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Tami -- your black and whites are just amazing! Such wonderful pen work!

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great texture.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like seeing both the photo & drawing. Very nice.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home