June 06, 2006




I drew this late last night when I couldn't sleep. I pinched a nerve in my back yesterday morning while drying my feet (maybe towels should have a warning on them : not for use on lower extremities, may cause sever back injury!). I have figured out that pain and concentrated drawing do not go together!

I thought I would try adding a little color and see what I thought, I like it. The combination of the two is nice. Again this is part of a black and white image I took several years ago, the other glove is holding an apple, I just could not relax enough to draw both. I have found that working from black and white images helps to clarify the tonal ranges for pen and ink and I don't feel like I am trying to recreate the picture, like I do when I paint using a colored picture.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Very good, Tami. I do like it better with color. I like the color you chose, as well. Hope the back improves soon!

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great was to work out some tension! Thanks for visiting my site today!!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

FANTASTIC!!! SUPERB lines with ink and just brilliant with color!! LOVE IT!!!!!! MORE!!! Hope your back is better!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thanks you guys! I enjoy looking at each of your sketches and such, as well!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!!! I love these two---just did a sketch with a garden glove, too, and have another in mind to compare the effects of different colored pencils! We're on the same wavelength--even down to the pinched nerve thing---me and my propensity for hefting huge terra cotta pots with small trees in them. Hope yours gets better soon.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home