May 27, 2006



This color is a little better, it is kind of blue, but at least it isn't blinding you. Frank Lohan's book is set up to have you do the rough sketch and then he guides you through filling in the details. One sketch builds on another. I am starting to look around me and think, "How would I juxtaposition one set of lines against another to show that?" With Only black and white to represent the image, one has to find ways to create the tonal ranges. It is intriguing. I still love color but for what ever reason black and white fascinates me in all media forms. I may try alight wash of color on the books only and see how they turn out. Kind of reminds me of some of the hand coloring I have done on my black and white photos.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

This is GLORIOUSLY done, Tami!! Fantastic line work!!!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Wonderful work Tami. I have found that usually the best way for me to get a good image is to use my digital camera, then crop it from there. I have a terrible time scanning anything in pencil or colored pencil and sometimes watercolor--it's like it doesn't pick it up right, hence the camera is always working.

If you have a digital try using that and compare the two.

I do like the top one best.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Lin, you are always SO ENCOURAGING! tHANKS YOU SO MUCH!

Teri, I have mixed feelings about using my digital. sometimes, it doesn't capture the detail as well, even though it is 8 MP, but I haven't tried using it when I am just doing the black and whites. Thank you for the suggestion, I was really frustrated with the colors.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home