May 18, 2006

When I think of my Mom, I think of her hats. She is the epitome of femininity, unlike myself, and always wears these hats (big brimmed with ribbons) and long dresses. I must say, she does look wonderful in them, she is tiny and delicate and looks 50 although she is in her 70's. Here is the problem with the hats: Everyone in the family including those that don't have a license (just kidding) will take the keys before opting to be the passenger with her in the drivers seat. It isn't that she is a bad driver (no tickets, no wrecks) it is just that she drives with both feet, one on the gas and one on the break, resulting in a very herky jerky experience for the passenger. She also assumes her right of way, sometimes cutting other drivers off tighter than is acceptable and making sudden turns unannounced! But I digress... When one opts to drive, one has to manage to SEE around these huge hats. Asking her to remove them has caused a few to slink away in fear after the ear scalding response she delivered. So you see we (Dad and I especially) have a love/hate relationship with these hats. But in spite of all of this, I wouldn't trade Mothers for anything in the world!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

TAMI --!! Wonderful sketch ... wonderful story!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Love the hat and the story!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Oh how sweet-you have done it with such tenderness! I love the story behind the hat and all the connotations.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

the hat really matches the story

3:07 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thank you all for your comments. It is so nice being part of this group of such supportive (I am going to say "women" just because for the most part they are the ones commenting on each others efforts, nothing aginst the guys!)

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home