May 24, 2006



I did some field sketches while I was out hiking with the dogs this morning. I penciled them in and then colored them with pigmented ink after I got home. I love this ink, I purchased a set of 8 different colors from Michael's several months ago. The colors are intense and wonderful until they spill...I am REALLY glad I haven't finished re carpeting yet (although, I probably wouldn't have been using them in here if I had). I am also REALLY glad that the chair I usually draw in is dark brown leather so the dark green ink came right off. The edges of a few books are permanently dark green but I can live with that.

The Turkey vulture was quite a ways up in the air when I quick sketched him, I didn't realize what he was or what he really looked like till after I had inked him, so he isn't very true to form.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

NICELY DONE, Tami!!! Super job on the bird and flowers -- and love the intense ink colors!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thanks Lin, I really do love working with these inks (for the most part)and am thinking about trying them wet into wet....

9:00 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

I LOVE these intense colors!! I need some!! Are they in a pen or bottle? Product name? Not that I have a Michaels here in Wis.

This is the best way to hike! Great sketching and noticing what is around you.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home