June 09, 2006



I love hydrangea's. This one grow quietly beside my back door in a half wine barrel. In the early summer it is a riot of color. Last year I forgot to give it extra acid to turn it blue and with our alkaline soils and water it will naturally turn very light pink. I put the acid on in March, I think, and instead of all of the blooms being blue, some were blue some were lavender and some were pink. It looked incredible. This year I forgot completely, so I have very soft lavender and soft pink blooms.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love hydrangeas too -- mine didn't do much this year ... so I'm glad to enjoy yours!!

5:31 AM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

Cool hydrangea, Tami. (You should save it and draw it again when it's dry.)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

That's a thought,maybe I will cut a few to dry and draw!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home