May 01, 2006




The clippers are my sketch from Sunday night. I have packed up all of my trinkets so have to find regular boring household items to sketch. Actually, I was looking for something really simple to draw as I was having such a hard time focusing.

The ball cap takes care of two things, my EDM hat challenge and my sketch for today. I was going to have a go at the sink but realized that I was WAY to tired to draw something with that much of a prospective challenge.

This ball cap is a very nice red , deep towards the blues, not at all pink but my Scarlet ink dried to more of a pink than red. I didn't want to over do it with color because I liked the original sketch in just pencil (did not scan before adding ink). The arm of the chair started giving me fits, I couldn't quite get my ink thin enough but not too watered down. Anyway, I do love this ball cap although I don't wear it real often. It brings fond memories of going to a ball game with my Grandson's on a warm summer evening. The arena where the R.C.'s home games are played is very clean and family focused. There are a lot of murals and just things that make you feel like you have stepped back in time to a simpler era of cotton candy and family. We have tickets already for a game this season.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

TERRIFIC!!! LOVE THE HAT ESPECIALLY!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

I really like the nail clippers! Isn't it interesting how such a mundane subject can be both fun to draw and interesting to look at! Nice job on observing the hat too!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Very nice. I really like the nail clipper. Funny how something so utilitarian can make a great sketch.

7:42 AM  
Blogger "Maggie & Kevin" said...

Great linework on these sketches, especially the nail clippers. Simple yet defined.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home