March 27, 2008

Mouth of the Smith River

This is the Mouth of the Smith River where it meets the sea. There is a cluster of seals on the tip there and while I was painting this, one of them got out of the water to climb up.

I can see now that I have this posted, that my water line on the river side, slopes down toward the bottom left. Sigh, details, details, details; part of why I hold stuff to post over night, I tend to catch these things. Although this I painted the same day that I painted the rest of the plein aire stuff, just hadn't looked at it closely enough.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

BEAUTIFUL job, Tami -- I LOVE the colors and composition!!!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Tami, this is so pretty and so oceany. I am imagining the seal.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Brenda Yarborough said...

Very fresh! I really like the composition and the waterline is not distracting at all.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home