November 14, 2006

Absorbing

For those of you that are wondering if I have given up on painting; no, I have not. The past few days I have been running through my mind some to the techniques Jana taught in our class and trying to practice some of the things I watched her do. One of the things that I know she said, but it took awhile to absorb, was to guide the paint with water. Yes, she paints it on, but then she led the paint with the water softening the line and edges. I will get back to creating stuff shortly, for now it is just technique...

4 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

tAMI -- THAT was the essential lesson I was learning this w/e too - let the water do the work -- it's so difficult for me to do -- I'm in there manipulating too much!!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I can see the wheels turning and am anxious to see what they produce. This is one of those thoughts that I need to run thru my head a few times. Thanks.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Technique practice is great to do. I've spent many an hour just doing technique practice swatches. They can be interesting and fun to see too, so don't be shy about posting them. I've been doing that same kind of thinking...trying to sort out all the stuff I've been reading about oils.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

OK the anticipation is killing me. I have to tell you. Evey time I see a toosie roll pop I think of you. I miss seeing what your right brain is up to...

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home