October 22, 2006

Loose


The name of the game was "loose".

This was from Jana's class yesterday. She put a bouquet of flowers on the table, we were to put the paint on, in the general color and form. After it was dry we were to add ink, to create a more defined form.

The first one (with no lines) was in my typical style, tight and controlled even when I was doing "loose". Jana liked it well enough, and felt it was light enough, that ink would over power it. The second one, is more what we were striving for.
I enjoyed this exercise and will use it for warm ups and maybe in some of my own stuff.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

OHHHH!!1 HOW I LOVE THESE, TAMI!! I love the first one especially and in my humble opinion, don't see as tight at all .. and I like the 2nd .. but love the first!!!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Brenda Yarborough said...

I agree with Lin - they are both lovely and I interpret these both as loose. I LOVE the first one.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Add me to the list of loving the first one! It's beautiful and just enough color and lines to make it exciting! And what a great idea to warm up with.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Wow, now I'm really sorry I missed class. These are both beautiful..I can't wait to see how you did it.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

What a great exercise. I'm going to try this. You did a beautiful job on both, and to my mind they're just different from one another. Neither is better or worse.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Yep, lovely, I should have a go - I never do 'loose' - too scary :)

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too, like the rest, love them both. The first one is my favorite,it just kinda jumped out at me. I think you did loose real well, I bet it was challenge for you to just go with it, kinda like not fidgetting with something when they talk is for some people.

7:36 PM  
Blogger andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

The bottom of these two is absolutley stunning. The colours are just amazing. I think I'd have to frame that - if I were you! Beautiful.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home