October 12, 2006

Cow pie Curve


I wasn't going to paint this but it cracked me up. Okay, so I have a warped sense of humor.


I hike my dogs in a cow pasture so cow pies are inevitable. I noticed earlier this week, white chalk marks had been put on the trail and the trail had been widened. A few days later I saw a group of Jr. High kids running the trail. Here is the mystery; on the first curve of the trail, cow pies have been lined up in a row all along the curve. I don't get the reason for this, is it a warning to watch out for them? Surely, it isn't a natural occurrence this row goes on for 20 - 25 feet. Okay, I will get back to painting stuff a little more normal now ; )

7 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

What a good observation? maybe the cows were having a predawn meeting when they had a 'morning' call? LOL Anywho -- it's a great painting, Teri -- and yes, it cracked me up too!!! Love your sense of humor with these sketches!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Let me join my warped sense of humor with yours! This is a hoot!! And I love that you painted it. And it is such a pretty painting.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Maybe if we looked down from a plane it would spell out s.o.s. or something of the like..great story to go with a great painting.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

I absolutely adore this painting, whether it's about cowpies or not. It does seem like a mystery--or just the silliness of kids. You got such wonderful rich flowing color in this painting and the composition is great. It reminds me of some of Julie's paintings--one of my favorite blog artist's golden fields in the English countryside (her blog: www.onemilefromhome.blogspot.com )

9:30 AM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

That's crazy! And it made me laugh too!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

wonderful composition and colour

9:14 PM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

I've scrolled through much of your blog, keep painting! This one was especially nice. :-)

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home