October 25, 2006

Marsh at sunrise

I got up early this morning and took the dogs up to the top of the hill, above the marsh. The wind came up in the night and I didn't think I would be able to hold my paper still enough to paint, but by this morning, it had calmed down almost completely, however, the air was still cold.

There is a houseboat, I think it is part of the patrol, that sits out in the center of the reeds. I had forgotten my glasses and although I could see distance just fine, I couldn't see up close, well enough, to even attempt to draw it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

What a lovely view you have! And it is done so delightfully. It looks and sounds like such a wonderful place.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

lovely composition and colours _ I can feel I'm sitting right there

4:30 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

wow, great job. I like the way you loosely blended the colors in the water and land...good perspective too!

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm seeing reflected in your eyes as I look at it. Great Job, what a lovely place this must be

7:41 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

Ah -- beautiful, Tami! The marsh, the seat, the water, the view ... nicely done -- evocative ...

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home