June 24, 2006



This is a lazy drawing. I had the day off today, just couldn't get myself to want to get involved in anything (slept a lot today) I think it is my way of dealing with job stress, as I usually only take quick power naps, if anything, during the day.

Anyway, I was looking around for objects with different textures to draw. The first object is a rock I picked up at the ocean a number of years ago. There are lots of these types of rocks around the beaches in central and northern California. They appear to be formed of a type of sandstone and have pits, holes and craters all through them. This one, has several full clam shells stuck inside the holes. I have often wondered how the shells got in there as the hole is obviously too small for it to fit into. If any of you have any info on this, I would be really interested to know about it. The feather is a simple feather, picked up on a hike I took yesterday in the woods close to the coast. That hike left ideas for foggy images and ways to draw and paint that, I just didn't have the concentration to attempt that today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Great texturing!!! Some days you just need to rest ... so congrats for sketching even when tired!!!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Tami, wonderful job on this sketch! You have such great form here and the texturing is strong!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home