April 11, 2006


This is Gomer Schoor, est. 1900. It has been restored to it's original beautiful state, ( at least a better state than it was in when the children were running in and out of it). My lines are funky, its lines are beautiful. I did get the bell tower (minus the bell) drawn nicely. I prefer using ink to pencil simply becaue the lines show so much better however, there is no erasing so you get to see all of my gory mistakes. I wish I had kept the red to a minimum, I feel like I over did it on the one wall, again I was trying to correct a mistake.

It is funky weather again, I kept needing to turn my wipers on so I could see the school house.

I love drawing, it makes time bend and flow in a diffrent way.
When I am completely focused on what I am drawing, nothing else enters my mind, it is such a really nice way to relax.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Have you always drawn or did you take it up as an adult?

5:42 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

No Sandy, I certainly haven't always drawn. I have painted just a little off and on in my adult life (I do mean just a little, like one of two things with years in between) but I have never drawn before, I truly believed I could not draw. I started last year after reading a couple of books that insisted any one could draw. I figured I qualified a "any one" and tried it. Danny Greggory has a book out called "The Creative License" That helped a lot too, it taught me not to use symbols, to actually look at what I am drawing and draw what I see. There is a link to another blog that I have loved too, Elizabeth @ woolgathering, she set out to draw something everyday and looking back at her sketches is wonderful. I am trying to set the same goal for myself. I am kind of like you are, when I get interested in something I become obsessed. I have done it with gardening, photography and now I am finding myself doing it with drawing. I still love all those other things just as much, I am just focused on learning right now.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Good for you! I was saying the other day to my husband that I would like to take some painting classes. He said all I need is another obsession!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Sounds like something my husband would say. Kate Johnson gives on line water color classes. I am thinking about signing up for the next one, don't know where I think I will find the time but...

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home