April 19, 2006



These are my drawings from yesterday. The one with the collection of wild flowers was to meet the EDM challenge for the week, I could not fully identify the toadstools on line and my books are packed up. The animal in the corner on that one probably won't be in a book, it is a very young calf that my dogs startled awake. In the drawing it looks like a calfderonky (calf, deer and donkey mix.) Gotta practice!
The drawing of the elk I did after I got home, I wanted to go from memory and not draw off of a photograph. These guys were barely discernible even through the binoculars so I blame any mistakes on their unwillingness to come closer. I realize that the look hokey. Gotta practice, animals are hard. Last of all there is my dog, Pan, he was sleeping on my lap. I was just going to do a simple pen and ink drawing but decided to add gouache to it, that is why his "cap is drawn like something placed on his head... So as I said yesterday, some days are good and some days are not so good and ya just get up and draw some more!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so nice, Tami--and I love your attitude about getting up and drawing some more when things don't turn out quite the way we want! You're so right.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thanks for the encouragement Laura, I look at your work and think "I will never be that good" but if you have been drawing since you were eight, I am not going to learn what you know in a year!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

SUPER SUPER, Tami!!! And yes you will be that good !!!keep at it -- your nature finds are terrific!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Great job on the nature challenge. It's a fun sketch.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Thanks all, I kept the bone I found to sketch later!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home